Saturday, May 27, 2017

WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME.....

.....you helped someone in need?

We are looking to help a young girl who is a classmate and friend with my youngest son. Her name is Breena. In a nutshell, this poor little girl has been in the hospital since February with Aplastic Anemia. She has undergone Immuno Therapy and will be leaving for Boston for a bone marrow transplant. Her and Thomas are great friends and a few nights ago, when we got the flyer from school about Breena, Thomas asked if we could do something to help his friend. Of course I would have helped even IF they didnt know each other. So Friday, June 2, between 4:30 and 8:00 pm, there will be a benefit Spaghetti Dinner and Silent Auction at the Kenduskeag Mystic Tie Grange  in Maine. My son and I are donating a number of my last cookbook to help out.



So I am asking a couple things. If you can't make it, would you share this post?

If you can't make it but live in the area, could you offer ANYTHING for auction?

And if you can't make it, I would like to offer more copies of my cookbook for sale to benefit this young lady. From now until Thursday, June 1st, Thomas and I would love to offer it for $10 per copy. ONLY until June 1st though. Every single cent will be given to this family on the night of the dinner. The dinner is $7 for adults, $5 for children and all children under 6 is FREE.

If there is any cause that is worth anyones consideration, it is for a child. She is a beautiful little blonde haired girl and worthy of everyones thoughts and prayers. Anyone and everyone can message me for more info if needed. Can we forget about the enraging political rhetoric and give ourselves to a helpless child?
 

No comments: